Monday, June 21, 2010

What's Up with that Title?

For years ... decades, really ... I worked in film, television, and video production.

Consistently when gathered about a color monitor, to watch a take or view a program, the engineer or technician or EIC or whoever would always caveat playback with a disclaimer about the color or settings of the video monitor.

"Don't judge the color by that monitor" was always the warning admonished to the audience.

So I thought I'd use that phrase to describe my comments, when I see or hear something of note in mass media, television, and electronic communications in general. The postings here will be my thoughts and opinions.

Colored through my perspective and experience.

You can decide for yourself. But don't judge from this monitor.


Jim Furrer
June 21st, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment